A monthly roundup of business travel news, featuring important technology updates, helpful links and resources, and the latest from the industry.
Complimentary Corporate Programs from the Airlines
One way to achieve cost savings on airfare is by taking advantage of airlines’ complimentary corporate programs designed for small and mid-size enterprises. Enrollment is free. Both your company and your travelers can still earn points and miles. And it can save you money. To sign up, speak with a Christopherson Account Manager today.
Earn JetBlue Points on American Airlines and Vice Versa
Business travelers can now earn JetBlue TrueBlue loyalty program points on all American Airlines-operated flights. The new accrual agreement covers American flights operating with the JetBlue code within the carriers’ Northeast Alliance, as well as on all other American flights operating anywhere in the world.
At the same time, American’s AAdvantage members can now accrue miles on all JetBlue flights within and beyond the Northeast. Read more here.
Win Free Flights for a Year on United
United Airlines announced that MileagePlus members who upload their vaccination card to their account by June 22 will be automatically entered for a chance to win one of five grand prizes offering free flights for a year or one of 30 roundtrip flights for two. Enter the sweepstakes here.
Two Concur Travel Changes You Should Know About
1. For Concur Expense users: Concur Travel is retiring the support and functionality of forwarding confirmation emails to firstname.lastname@example.org on July 22, 2021. Users can still forward confirmation emails to email@example.com. Users should link their TripIt and Concur Travel accounts so that any emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org sync to Concur Travel.
Concur reports that change provides a richer service through TripIt Pro while allowing the same functionality. Additionally, they noted TripIt improves travelers satisfaction.
2. For Concur Travel customers who offer the “refundable” option box to their travelers: Last month, Concur updated the Refundable Only Air Fares feature and renamed it “Include Additional Refundable Air Fares” to reflect the modified functionality. Instead of hiding entire flights, users can initiate a refundable search request that returns additional refundable options along with the branded non-refundable and refundable fares.
Hilton Fast Tracks Elite Status
Hilton has updated the Fast Track to Gold offer for all our clients’ travelers. Travelers only need 4 nights within 90 days of registration to be awarded Gold status. Learn more and sign up here.
Advice for Travelers: Getting Back to Business Travel [INFOGRAPHIC]
BCD Travel, our global affiliate, created this helpful infographic with information travelers can use as they return to business travel.
Second Baggage Fee for Delta-Marketed Itineraries
Delta has implemented a second bag fee for Transpacific economy class travel on Delta-marketed flights. With this change, passengers with tickets purchased on/after May 3, 2021, and a first flight marketed by Delta, including flights operated by partners, will now be charged $100 to check a second bag.
Passengers traveling in Delta One and Delta Premium Select will continue to receive two checked bags for free. SkyMiles Medallion Members get additional free checked baggage across all classes of service.
To review a list of markets and itineraries where this baggage fee will apply, click here.
Good News Break
A few fun stories from our team to yours:
- 16 ways to stay positive at work
- 15 unbelievable places that exist
- 13 cool pictures of last week’s blood moon