(June 23, 2011) – The readers of Executive Travel magazine have chosen Delta as the gold medal winner in six categories for the publication’s 2011 Leading Edge Awards – more than any other airline. Delta also received five silver and two bronze medals.
- Top Domestic Airline Airport Lounge
- Top Domestic Airline Business-Class Service
- Top Domestic Airline First-Class Service
- Best Flight Experience to Mexico
- Best Flight Experience to Central/South America
- Best Private Jet Service – Delta Private Jets
- Top Domestic Airline Overall
- Top Domestic Airline Frequent-Flier Program
- Best Flight Experience to the Caribbean
- Best Flight Experience to Europe
- Best Credit Card Reward Program – Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from
- Best Flight Experience to Canada
- Best Flight Experience to Asia
Additionally, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and Amsterdam Airport Schiphol received gold medals for the “Top Domestic Airport” and “Top International Airport” categories, respectively.
“Corporate travelers have spoken, and the results show that they value and appreciate the benefits of Delta’s more than $2 billion investment in products and services,” said Steve Sear, vice president – Global Sales. “This recognition, together with other recent accolades, including Fortune magazine’s ranking of Delta as the most admired airline worldwide, demonstrates the momentum that Delta and our JV partners – KLM, Air France and Alitalia – bring to making business travel as convenient as ever.”
To determine the awards, Executive Travel magazine polled its readers, which include senior level executives at Fortune 1000 companies, for their experiences between Feb. 21 and April 3, 2011.
Click here to review the full list of awards.