Travel managers and TMCs have always struggled with low hotel attachment rates, which the industry estimates to be less than 50%. This is problematic because the results of low hotel attachment rates are incomplete travel itineraries, weakened vendor negotiations, and compromised duty of care.
Christopherson Business Travel introduced a holistic solution to the problem at the 2015 GBTA Convention in Orlando, Florida–Hotel Attachment.
Hotel Attachment, a hotel compliance system, meets the needs of the travelers who want an acceptable hotel included in every itinerary. It also meets the needs of travel managers who want savings, knowledge of where travelers are in order to fulfill duty of care responsibilities, and the ability to satisfy the company’s commitments with contracted hotel vendors.
Hotel Attachment identifies itineraries with missing hotel bookings and provides the traveler with four options to close that gap:
1. Make a hotel reservation
- For agent bookings – traveler is presented with a form that connects to their booking agent
- For online bookings – refers the traveler back to their online booking tool
2. Request another reminder for a later date
- Presents a calendar to select date of next reminder
3. Attach a hotel reservation made outside the system to the itinerary
- Pre-populates dates in a template based upon air reservation
- Presents a map to zoom in a locate their hotel
- Connects to Christopherson’s proprietary database to ensure correct hotel and GPS location coordinates
4. Waive the need for a hotel reservation
- Requires an explanation as to how they’re meeting their housing needs
With Hotel Attachment’s digital reminders, companies can ensure trip plans are complete and hotel compliant prior to travel.