As a sales person for one of the country’s largest travel management companies (TMC), I frequently encounter companies who book all their travel online using public internet travel sites (like Travelocity, Orbitz, etc.). Inevitably, these companies want to know why they should use a corporate travel agency rather than these public sites.
10 Reasons to Use a Travel Management Company Instead of Internet Travel Sites
- Many public travel websites charge fees too – they’re just hidden in the fine print.
- A TMC will guarantee the lowest rate. Why waste time and energy searching a half dozen sites when we guarantee the best deal?
- A TMC provides 24-hour emergency after-hours service. When a storm hits and your flight is cancelled, you can call your TMC agent, who knows your company and can provide you immediate, efficient, and courteous support round the clock.
- A TMC will manage your unused airline tickets. Did you know that 10% of corporation’s tickets go unused? That can really add up to a big loss. But a TMC will manage, audit, report, and ensure the reuse of all your travelers’ unused tickets.
- A TMC will build your corporation’s travel policy into your company’s booking options (online or with an agent) so that travelers who book outside the policy are required to get approval.
- A TMC will negotiate hotel and car rental contracts on your behalf and ensure those rates at the time of booking.
- A TMC will provide consultative services to your company to provide cost savings, cost avoidance, and return on investment
- A TMC will provide the necessary tools to facility your duty of care so you can quickly locate your travelers in the event of an emergency.
- A TMC will keep track of all past, current and future itineraries.
- A TMC will house all travelers’ personal information, TSA required information, and frequent flyer information in one profile. Each time they book a ticket, their information automatically populates into their reservation.
As a leader in business travel management, Christopherson Business Travel focuses on the unique needs of our clients. We configure, deliver, and maintain a travel program with maximized traveler satisfaction and cost savings. It is our job to help our clients manage a travel program that provides savings to counter the cost of maintaining such a program.
Let us show you how we do it. Contact us for more details on how Christopherson can help your corporation enjoy increased service and cost savings with our business travel programs.