Whether you’re switching from in-house travel management or changing providers, knowing what a good corporate travel manager looks like can be difficult. You want to make sure you and your employees are in good hands; and the best way to do that is ensure your corporate travel manager is up to snuff.
Top qualities of an excellent corporate travel manager
- Connections in the industry. Sometimes solving problems comes down to your connections or past experiences. An exceptional manager typically has years of experience under their belt, with a network of contacts to get things done quickly and smoothly. Their connections may even help you get a great deal with a vendor or accommodations.
- Has the experience to guide you. Travel pricing can fluctuate by the hour. Having a travel manager that can see the value in a good price or smooth itinerary can be invaluable.
- Works well with both large and small accounts. Companies of different sizes have different pain points. Knowing how to effectively and seamlessly work with accounts of each size is the sign of a great travel manager.
- Respects privacy and security. Your travel manager will have exposure to personal information. They should be utilizing the latest security tools to protect you and your travelers to help protect it.
- Works well on their feet. Impending weather, meeting cancellations, emergencies – there are many variables that can quickly derail travel itineraries. That’s why it’s so important to have a travel manager who can quickly pick up the pieces and move on with an effective plan.
- Backed by a powerful agency. Large travel management companies, like Christopherson often have deals and connections with airlines, hotels or car services. Working through a TMC often saves you time and stress, but more often than not, a lot of money too.