As business travelers we all need a break, however we travel so much for work that the thought of another trip (even if it IS a vacation) makes many of us us want to sit down and just say NO! My advice? Take an organized tour or cruise. From the minute you step on the plane to the minute your journey ends, everything is taken care of for you. But first and foremost you must obey the Ten Commandments of Travel. They might not have come from God, but if you follow them, you very well could be treated like one. Enjoy!
The Ten Commandments of Travel (+1)
- Thou shalt not expect to find things precisely as they are at home, for thou hast left home to find things different.
- Thou shalt not take anything too seriously, for a carefree mind is the basis for a great vacation.
- Thou shalt not let other tour members get on thy nerves, for thou art paying good money to enjoy thyself.
- Thou shalt not worry. The person who worrieth hath little joy and few things are fatal.
- Thou shalt not judge all the people of a country by one person with whom thou had a problem.
- Thou shalt in Rome, do somewhat as the Romans do.
- Thou shalt be on time, for if thou art late thou shalt make thy own way to the next hotel.
- Thou shalt carry thy passport at all times, for a traveler without a passport is one without a country.
- Thou shalt learn to say “Thank You” in any language. Verily, it is worth more than gold.
- Thou shalt acquaint thyself with the currency of the land in which you traverse, and thus thou shalt not be cheated.
- Thou art welcome in every land. Treat thy hosts with respect and thou shalt be an honored guest.
So let it be written–it’s not too late to purchase a gift certificate from Andavo Travel, Christopherson Business Travel’s vacation planning division. Certainly, nothing could be better than opening up a present full of vacation excitement on Christmas morning. Call our travel experts today! 801-327-7600 or 1866-327-7600